Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Clickity - Clackity

Well, I've been busy with my knitting needles - trying to get some "potential" Christmas gifts completed - one of these days I want to keep something for myself - both of these projects may end up on my scarf hook in the mudroom - I'm overdue!

Here's the diagonal scarf - it's made from a fine merino wool that is very flesh colored - not really pink - flesh hued. The pattern is free from Churchmouse Yarns and is available on Ravelry. When it comes off the sticks it's all curly at the edges.
A quick steam and it lays nice and flat - - -
All five feet of it!I love the pattern - it's about 18 inches wide.
After finishing the diagonal scarf I moved onto this shield pattern done in a beautiful mercerized cotton with a lovely sheen. The pattern is available free at Ravelry - A Noble Cowl.

It's not difficult, but you really need to pay attention to the pattern - I like using lots of markers to keep track of my stitches.
It's a cowl - nice and over-sized so you can bunch it up about your neck. And best part for me - no wool, so no itch! Merry Christmas me!
I'm still busy with the needles - clickity clacking - busy with my sweater - second sleeve just about finished!

Quilting - next week I'll be back in the sewing room. I have lots of news and some great new quilts to share.

1 comment:

Nancy H. said...

Thanks for sharing your work and where we can find the patterns. Your scarf and cowel came out great! I think I will have to try that diagonal scarf pattern, it looks very interesting and a quick steam made a big difference!

Post a Comment