Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cooking Light Trifecta!

Down to business in the diet department - a long winter and not much exercise has done damage - bikini season is right around the corner - - - hahahaha - - - there once was a day, three sizes away, thin thighs, flat tummy, no one to call me mummy!!!

Nevertheless, time to get serious - after all, I am a dietitian - I need to get into dietitian shape. This past week I made three fantastic recipes from the April issue of Cooking Light - this was tonight's dinner - Mediterranean Barley with Chickpeas and Arugula - vegetarian, delicious - I used farro in place of the barley - 360 satisfying calories per serving.
I also made the Scallops with Spinach and Paprika Syrup - amazing - so easy, and only 313 calories per serving! This is now one of my all time favorite recipes for scallops - dinner guests will be raving!

And lastly, Chicken and White Bean Soup - such an rich and flavorful soup at 335 calories per serving - perfect for lunch or dinner. Tomorrow night I'm trying the Thai Chicken Salad - it sounds great.

I've got a lot planned for the blog this week - I'm going to feature a block a day Monday - Thursday highlighting the four blocks I'm using in my nephew's quilt - it is so cute!

Then all of the calories I've saved this week eating light will be consumed in one massive feast Saturday night - - - a blow out dinner party - Mexican themed - - - I'm making GOAT - that's right, goat birrya, along with 5 other courses - - - it's gonna make your mouth water!

No comments:

Post a Comment