Thursday, August 12, 2010

That Ding, Dang, Dongle

I drive a Bernina 200 - embroidery loaded. When I purchased my Bernina years ago I also purchased the Auto-Designer Software, and in the past I used it a lot - it was the basis of many teacher gifts and personalized birthday presents. As you know my computer recently crashed and I've been in the process of reinstalling all of my software - not a fun task. After finding my software - (note to self: must come up with an organized storage system for all household software, and must throw out all out of date software) - it was a rocky road getting it loaded. I love Bernina, but I hate that they abandoned tech support of their older software packages. And this ding, dang, dongle - if it weren't for the dongle, life could be so much easier. Happy ending - I have a working embroidery machine again.


I needed to get the software up and functional as my neighbor and good friend asked me to monogram some fabric for her daughter's wedding. Here's the machine chugging along.


First I stitched out sample monograms in 2 different fonts and with a few thread options so she could decide which font / color she liked best.

She chose a simple, clean script stitched in a Madeira black / white twist thread - it really glistens, without the hassle of metallic.

Here is the finished monogram - this fabric is beautiful! Her daughter is getting married in Charleston, SC and wants this fabric turned into pillows to decorate the wooden benches surrounding the rustic outdoor wedding site.

No comments:

Post a Comment