Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday's Dinner Menu

I made a great dinner last night and wanted to share the recipes with you. And, yes, I made homemade pasta (I give you permission to use boxed), and made pie dough (again, permission granted to use a pre-made crust), but all in all, this was a super simple menu. I don't have a lot of photos - forgive me please.

Have a look at my eggs, fresh from my growers' market - and yes - they are multi-colored. They come from Araucanan chickens which lay eggs with shells tinted in blues, greens and violets. Aren't they beautiful - almost too pretty to crack!


Those beautiful eggs, 9 yolks, became the base for this lovely pasta - rolled out so thin you can see through it!

Sit back, have a sip of wine and a nosh of this beautiful appetizer as I share the menu with you:

A lovely Chardonnay
Spicy Baby Okra and Olives
Swiss Chard and Cannellini Bean Bruschetta

More lovely Chardonnay

Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Ribboned Zucchini Salad

Espresso
Raspberry Infused Grappa
Mixed Berry Pie
(blueberry, blackberry and raspberry)

from Martha Stewart's pie cookbook

Good friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment