Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Night Suggestion

I met the owners of St. Peter's Village Bakery at a local farmer's market - they make fantastic artisinal bread. They told me Friday nights at their bakery is pizza night - they take their delicious sesame semolina bread dough and turn it into pizza. St. Peter's Village is located in northern Chester County of PA, along the French Creek and close to French Creek State Park. The village was established in the 1800's to support the then prosperous black granite quarry - long since gone. Here's the bakery - lovely, isn't it.

I should have taken a photo of the pizza, but my family ate it too fast - suffice it to say - it was delicious! It's a BYOB - feel free to bring wine or beer - we brought Yards IPA made in Philly, PA - I love our local micro-brews! The back of the bakery has two tiers of decking overlooking the beautiful boulder laden French Creek. It just doesn't get better that this! For our entertainment pleasure there was a lively guitarist playing folksie tunes - my friend Laura was the dance captain for his version of the chicken dance - that I did get photos of - I'm holding on to them for blackmail fodder should I ever need it.

After dinner, before dessert (It's a bakery - you don't expect me to ignore my responsibility to taste-test the baked goods, do you) we walked along the stream enjoying dusk.

See this boulder - I think there's a quilt in this image - time will tell.

Ahhh, dessert. We bought a sampling of cookies - all amazing. The best - the macaroons - perfectly heavenly. Friday pizza night at St. Peter's Bakery - I strongly recommend it!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Yes, it's beautiful there! :)

Post a Comment