Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sue Benner's in Town

Last year I ended my stint as program chairperson for my guild, Calico Cutters Quilt Guild of West Chester, PA. Let me tell you - I took the opportunity to fill the schedule with tons of fantastic speakers and the person at the top of my list was Sue Benner - I have loved her work for years. Well this is Sue Benner week in the greater Philadelphia area. I convinced Sue to visit by coordinating numerous venues for her - guilds, a historical society, and the Wayne Art Center.

Meet Sue, quilt artist extraordinaire.


This morning she was the speaker at my guild - her lecture described the jurying process for Quilt National - it is an amazing process. I saw her again this evening at the Chester County Historical Society for the lecture on her design and construction process, again, amazing. She's hosting a two day workshop tomorrow and Friday at the Historical Society which still has openings - they did not do a very good job publicizing her events. She will be the keynote speaker this weekend for the opening of Art Quilt Elements at the Wayne Art Center in Wayne, PA. She lectures in our area so seldom that you really should make every effort to see her if possible.

By all means visit her website - her fused and quilted collages are bursting with color and movement. More on the Wayne Art Center Elements exhibit next week - it opens this Saturday.

1 comment:

imquilternity said...

Oh...I'm so envious! I love Sue! Several friends and I took a class from her a couple of years ago in Gualala, CA. We spent three wonderful days with her. We learned sooooo much! Plus, she's FUN too!

Post a Comment